FSJ provides a financial assistance program in order to help more local athletes participate in competitive volleyball in a club environment, whereby they are teamed with their peers from surrounding communities, to create a positive experience, which will enable them to further their volleyball careers.
1. Players must join Fort Smith Juniors Volleyball Club (FSJ); they must attend the scheduled tryout and be placed on a team.
2. The number of applicants and the available funds will determine the program limitations. If the number of applications depletes the available funds, the program will be limited and funds will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
3. The program will be based on financial need, not athletic ability. Financial need is determined by submitting previous calendar year tax return. If parents are divorced, then the tax return for the parent with which the player resides may be utilized to determine eligibility. If parent can show that husband and wife have separated/filed for divorce during the current year, then financial status may be taken into consideration of the single parent.
4. Parents or Legal Guardian must apply and meet the requirements as set forth herein and receive approval from the program committee.
5. The player will be required, to utilize fundraisers, to earn at least a percentage of their fees in order to receive the contribution.
6. The player must contribute through family members, relatives or friends the required volunteer labor for the Battle at the Fort volleyball tournament, which will include, but may not be limited to, set up & teardown of the courts at the different venues.
7. Provided the player and the player’s family meet the above criteria, FSJ will apply the percentage amount (which will be defined upon acceptance into program) to the player’s account, which will be placed in that player’s team fund.
8. If a member fails to meet the obligations as outlined herein, FSJ will not be required to contribute any funds to a players account. If a player’s account is not paid in full by the end of the season, that player will not be allowed to participate the following season, until their fees are paid in full.
9. If the number of applications depletes the available funds, the program will be limited and funds will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
10. At the sole discretion of FSJ Board of Directors, the guidelines as stated herein may be updated or restructured.
**AT NO TIME WILL ANY MONEY BE GIVEN DIRECTLY TO THE PLAYER, PLAYER’S FAMILY, OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. ALL MONIES EARNED THROUGH FUND RAISING OR CONTRIBUTED WILL BE APPLIED TO THE PLAYERS ACCOUNT AS FEES DUE TO FORT SMITH JUNIORS VOLLEYBALL CLUB FOR THAT SEASON.